Fast Draft in Publish

Davina Ware

Hi,

I don't know if you are refering to the time it takes for all the layouts to be plotted when using publish. As for me, It does automate the process of plotting the layout automatically but it is difficult to use publish with respect to plotting to pdfs esp. when I need to rename the layout or to set up the page orientation.

If you are referring to fast draft option on the printer, I believe you need to change the printer configuration via the page setup and set it to fast draft.

Sincerely Yours,

Nic

Many thanks for your reply.

It was the fast draft option on the printer I was after.

Mmmm...shame about that! I needed to quickly show someone the whole set of drawings and thought it would be really neat to publish all my drawings and have the fast draft too! Unfortunately, it means going into each individual drawing to temporarily make draft quality in the Page Set Up Manager and then changing it back when I've finished...or doing it the usual way - page by page and changing to fast draft in the plot options.

Perhaps this would be a useful change on the next Annual Upgrade???:D

Thanks anyway!

I believe you can create a new printer i.e "HP2200 Quick" (in my case I'm printing using a HP2200) by right click a layout/page setup manager. IN the dialog box, look for the actual printer > properties and effect all the changes i.e fast draft, page size.... And use "save as" to save a new pc3 file. The new printer will appear in the plotter/printer list with the fastdraft setting. You can apply this pagesetup with the "hp2200 quick" printer setup to all the other layout in the drawing as required.