Weird random blank spots in viewport!

M29

There are random blank spots in the paper space of my drawing (I didn't create this drawing, but I have to do work in it).

Anyone know what the heck is going on? Right now I'm trying to scooch my viewports over to avoid these random spots but it's not a long-term solution.

Attached is a screen shot of one of the blank spots (that random square on the stair).

Thanks!

autocad_prob.jpg

Nevermind, figured it out, thanks! I turned it on, found them, and delelted them... By the way, what is the point of them?

Nevermind, figured it out, thanks! I turned it on, found them, and delelted them... By the way, what is the point of them?

To hide stuff. For instance, I used a scanned image of a county tax map for a background of a survey drawing, and I put wipeouts over some of the adjacent lot information that I knew was out of date.

You can put them on their own layer, and turn them on or off, or control whether or not they show up on the plotted drawing.