Simplifying set of drawings using 3D walls

pamadams

I have jumped to AutoCAD 2010 from AutoCAD Architectural 2007. When I was using 2007, I could draw 3D walls and insert doors, windows, appliances, etc. using tool palettes, which in turn simplified completing elevations, cross sections, etc. One change adjusted everything. Now in 2010 I am having a hard time finding these tools. They have the tool palettes, but no wall tools. Granted it has been over 3 years since I have used CAD at all....Help me please.:)

The tools that you listed in part of AutoCAD Architecture, not vanilla AutoCAD. You would need AutoCAD Architecture 2010

Thanks for the reply. Well that really stinks. Sounds like the old 2D way is going to have to do. :(

I wouldn't go that far. You can do all those things in the Full Vanilla version of AutoCAD, just a little more work involved, but I would not say you can't do 3D floor plans without Architecture!

KC