V-Ray Rendering Problem

Richo

I am using V-Ray for my rendering, and at the moment I am just using the default settings. I am just rendering to see what it would/could look like, and since adding finishes such as bricks, timber etc, there is a slight problem when i go to render.

For my external cladding I am using the Board Batten Siding, which is a pinkish/redish colour in it's orginal form. However for my design, I needed it to be of a timber colour, so i changed the material colour to a light brown. When I coloured the wall, it looks great. However, when I go to render it, instead of the render coming up as the newly form brown colour, it is rendered to its orginial pinkish/redish colour. Yet, in the model, it is brown.

What could be the problem here? Is there a setting in V-Ray? Or can you only use orginal colours for materials?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump

notrender.jpg

rendertest01.jpg.

first image is the model and how it should look

second image is rendered using V-Ray (with no changed settings)

What could be the problem?

• 3 weeks later...

hi. did you edit your texture within sketchup? if so, it will not affect the render in vray. my suggestion is to edit it with another program, then import it using the vray materials editor. ^_^

hi. did you edit your texture within sketchup? if so, it will not affect the render in vray. my suggestion is to edit it with another program, then import it using the vray materials editor. ^_^

thanks wak, what would be a good program to edit the material?

hello. im sorry. what i said was based on what i have read in the user manual i got from the net. i dont know exactly for what version that was. if remember right you have to make a "linked" material for changes to occur. like if you change the color from the edit tab and render it, the rendered color will also change. so i have never really edited any native sketchup material within sketchup because of that. what i did was exported the textures and edit it with photoshop, then import the newly edited texture. but the thing is made some quick experiment just now. just to see if i would see any changes. i was surprised to see that the texture color was changed after editing it within sketchup and rendering. now i myself am confused.. :?

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, i did the same thing, and its worked for me. Heres what i did:

1: Changed the texture in SU

2: Took a large screen shot of the texture

3: Right clicked texture and went to "Edit texture image'

4: Right clicked the jpeg that popped up and opened with photoshop

(You can also open the file location, copy the image, and then change it)

5: Pasted the screen shot and lined it up with the standard texture

6: Saved the new jpeg

7: Back in SU, create a new material (2nd icon down, top right corner),

click the edit tab, loaded the new texture

8: Applied the new texture and rendered

This is long winded, but gets the results.

Hope that helps?