Inventor Fusion Crashing

Hopinc

Hi Guys,

It seems that nearly every Autodesk product I have touched recently crashes - my latest tale of woe relates to "Fusion." :(:x:(

I downloaded the latest version last night as I was hoping that it might have moved forward, become more usable and more robust.

Unfortunately that's not the case! Within two minutes of starting the program, and in the middle of making a very simple model - bang! the program crashes. It has done this every time I have tried to run it. It runs for a short while and then crashes.

Yes, I know that this program is still in development. My comment to that would be - how can you assess a program if it keeps crashing. Sort that out first!

This on the heels of the Inventor 2011 crashing problems whilst rendering has just made me very wary of anything new that Autodesk is producing - and in my opinion that particular issue took Autodesk far too long to resolve.

Now don't mark me down as just a whinger, despite my grumbles I generally love Autodesk products, it's just that too many crashes in succession with several different new products has done nothing for my confidence in Autodesk's programming.

Returning to the specifics with "Fusion" - I am curious as to your experience with this software?

Regards all.

Dave

Returning to the specifics with "Fusion" - I am curious as to your experience with this software?

At AU Kevin Schnieder from Autodesk was demonstrating Fusion with Carl Bass sitting in the front row. Two thirds of the way through his presentation it crashed.

I did pick up a lot from the presentation that I would not have found on my own, but in general my impression is that Fusion will be a perpetual "test-bed" and never ready for prime time.

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=5457

I found that I couldn't run Fusion or 2011 on my laptop, with it's on board graphics card. 2011 works fin on my work machine which has a seperate graphics card (I haven't tested Fusion at work).

I have noticed a lot of slowdown with Fusion on my beefy CAD machine that is about two years old. I am also starting to notice this with Publisher which while it doesn't crash on me, seems to take forever sometimes.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments.

J.D. - "Fusion will be a perpetual "test-bed"" - this was pretty much my expectation, but I had hoped to find something a little more stable to play with.

I cleaned it off system this morning and don't think I will bother with it again.

Mark, an interesting comment about the slowing down. Can't say I experienced anything like that. Out of curiosity, what OS are you using?

Dave

Hmm! - not sure why I find that interesting, but I do. I am wondering if there is a connection between Windows 7 and Fusion that causes your slowing down. On my XP Pro x64 based system I have not noticed anything like that. This is just pure speculation on my part and nothing more than casual interest.

Dave