Same text from model space to paper space and auto update

Ohnoto

I am trying to either know if a LISP is possible, or if my idea can be done by diesel or fields which would be easier for me since I don't know much LISP.

I have created a block in model space that contains a matchline distance number and in paper space I would like it to update according to that block. However, this block is on every page and is different on each page and we update the number very frequently and I'd like that to update automatically in paper space when the model space number is changed.

Attached is a sample drawing.

Matchline.dwg

I tried that, but that only references the block selected.

Since this block gets copied around, in paper space it would only retain the first block.

Yes I understand and I know that on each page it would have to be reset to that current page. However, where I work at is trying to get everything automated and I work with some who are not as ACAD savvy to quite understand updating, creating, or modifying fields.

About the best you can get is to have a LISP that will select the the reference object, then the add a content/value reference to a selected text/attribute object.

It's AutoCAD, not magic.:wink: