Removing Map3D features from Autocad Map3d 2011

avword

For reasons unknown to me, my company purchases/subscribes to Autocad Map instead of just plain Autocad. In my job function I have no need for any of the Map functionality. So I have three questions:

1. Is there a way to "turn off" Map3d "mode" so that it just behaves like regular autocad that I am used to? In other words, I would like to get rid of all the map specific menus, tools, ribbon items, etc

2. Alternatively, if I install Autocad 2011 (regular) and use my Autocad Map3d licence info, would that work?

3. At the very least, how do I make the "task pane" on the right side of the window, not open when I start the program?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this -- if there is a better place, please let me know.

Also, just be 100% clear, I am only talking about trying to REMOVE features that my company has paid for, not the other way around. Basically I want the more expensive version that we own to act like the less expensive version.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

You should have a "workspace" that would make it look more like vanilla autocad.

Also, have a look at the CUI editor (type CUI on the comand line) - in it, you can change how the task pane reacts and what menus are visible. Read the help files for it also and don't forget to back up your CUI files before you start mucking around just in case things go south....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, CADMAP is built upon the basic AUTOCAD structure, so think of it as AUTCAD with mapping features added on to it. If you switch it to classic workspace, you can get something similar to CAD 2007, and you can switch out toolsets that you use more often. But just like chulse says, go into the CUI editor and you can set it to however you want your workspace to look like. Or, if you have a user profile saved from a previous release, you can load up that profile and it might give you your toolsets back.