Autocad "Selection" window pops up unwanted

Hi, My Autocad is haunted and occasionally it just changes and annoys me until I get used to it. But I hate this and it does inhibit productivity.

As per the attached image, if I have two objects close to one another, and click on one, it asks me which one I want. This means I have to click again and it does this even if it is bleedingly obvious which one I want (ie they aren't even touching)

How do I turn this off?

Thanking you very muchly.

Kent

SELECTION.png

Try changing the size of your PICKBOX and/or APERTURE.

The two blue boxes look like an 'insertion point' autosnap marker, have you got a block or some empty text there?

As per the attached image, if I have two objects close to one another, and click on one, it asks me which one I want. This means I have to click again and it does this even if it is bleedingly obvious which one I want (ie they aren't even touching)

How do I turn this off?

Turn off Selection Cycling, either by clicking the SC button in the status bar (assuming you have the icons disabled, and text is showing in those buttons..), or by changing the system variable to 0 -or- multiply its current value by -1 (to retain the setting, but disable the effect)

The two blue boxes look like an 'insertion point' autosnap marker
No, it's just a reminder that you have selection cycling enabled. Check out the third animation/video on this page: http://cadpanacea.com/node/207 Edited by rkmcswain

• 5 years later...

To turn off the selection cycling from the command line:

At the command prompt, enter SELECTIONCYCLING and press Enter.

Enter 0 to turn off the selection cycling display.

yeah. well.. The page is down though and I had to find the answer, so might as well post it. I might need to find this again in the next few months or might make someones day. The pop up box really pissed me off. :twisted: