remove this dialog? help!!

tinkerbell

Hey all,

I received a cad file and i need to access the drawing... but...

I'm very irritated with this 2 dialogs :x

which will pop-out when i decide to copy anything from the given file.. can sumone help me if i can stop this dialog from popping out? :(

help!!!:?

this will pop out first..

DIALOG1.JPG

then followed by...

DIALOG2.JPG

you really need to get a clean drawing from whoever sent you that file. All YOUR drawings will be labelled as educational if you do too much with that file. Once that happens you will need to go back to your resller or AutoDesk themselves to get your machine cleaned.

The solution above is pragmatic but you should also report the fact that you have been given an educational drawing by a commercial company because it is an indication that they are using software illegally. I suggest you request a "clean" drawing from them first (it may have been a mistake) but if they can't do that, report the issue to your local Autodesk agent or use the online Autodesk piracy report system.

The solution above is pragmatic but you should also report the fact that you have been given an educational drawing by a commercial company because it is an indication that they are using software illegally. I suggest you request a "clean" drawing from them first (it may have been a mistake) but if they can't do that, report the issue to your local Autodesk agent or use the online Autodesk piracy report system.

Thanks for your reply Mr. CADTutor.

I completely agree with you.

This is the right way in dealing with illegal behaviors.

My best regards

Tharwat

...and then start wondering what is missing, things that did not translate to DXF, especially if this drawing contains vertical objects, etc.

Just do the right thing, as outlined by CADTutor in this thread.

Edited by Tiger

...and then start wondering what is missing, things that did not translate to DXF, especially if this drawing contains vertical objects, etc.

Just do the right thing, as outlined by CADTutor in this thread.

Thanks for reply.

And I think my solution was agreed and being pragmatic. Although that I had to direct the thread writer to that fact which had given by the CADTutor.

And I did the right thing according to what I think it is.

Thanking you once again

Tharwat

And I did the right thing according to what I think it is.

Since when is circumventing Autodesk's piracy protection the "right thing"?

Since when is circumventing Autodesk's piracy protection the "right thing"?

Thanks for your nice and kind reply. I am surprised .

At another forum where I moderate we routinely remove the tip on getting rid of the educational stamp and replace it with a warning about copyright and piracy.

If one member wants to PM it to another member then OK, nobody else can see it.

Leaving the cheat, (and it is a cheat), in full view of members and guests risks Autodesk taking legal action against the forum.

At another forum where I moderate we routinely remove the tip on getting rid of the educational stamp and replace it with a warning about copyright and piracy.

If one member wants to PM it to another member then OK, nobody else can see it.

Leaving the cheat, (and it is a cheat), in full view of members and guests risks Autodesk taking legal action against the forum.

and that is basically why I didn't mention the cheat at all in my first post although I did know of it.

thnx for for e reply.. really appreciate it!

ok im gonan give a try.. if it dosent work ill update all of u :)

gotcha!!! it works!! =) thnx everyone! u guys rox!

now i can start on the nre project! weee!!! :D

gotcha!!! it works!! =) thnx everyone! u guys rox!

now i can start on the nre project! weee!!! :D

So what about the drawing author? Are you OK with them using educational (free) software for commercial purposes? Well, I guess you are since you are using the drawing... :reallymad:

I think you completely missed the most important advice in this thread, where you were told that you should not have accepted these files in the first place. You should have sent them back and demanded files that were NOT created with the educational software. And if the sender refuses to provide you with drawings created in a commercial version of Autocad, then you should report them to Autodesk.

I think you completely missed the most important advice in this thread, where you were told that you should not have accepted these files in the first place. You should have sent them back and demanded files that were NOT created with the educational software. And if the sender refuses to provide you with drawings created in a commercial version of Autocad, then you should report them to Autodesk.

we have to.. as its drawings from e architects. they only gave us this "educational software" thingy... :) anyway thnx for the advice ya..

So what about the drawing author? Are you OK with them using educational (free) software for commercial purposes? Well, I guess you are since you are using the drawing... :reallymad:

nope.. ours comes with license..

well personally i do mind with them using "free educational" stuffs... it's weird...

but again...

this drawings were given to us by the architects and we need to use them to include our electrical installation for this project..

this drawings were given to us by the architects and we need to use them to include our electrical installation for this project..

I think everyone, including tinkerbell, has clarified his/her position on this topic.

this drawings were given to us by the architects and we need to use them to include our electrical installation for this project.

Just out of interest, would you mind telling us the name of your architects?