New MicroStation Forum?

SteveK

Post here if you're interested in a Microstation Forum on CADTutor.

(EDIT)

I do put a lot of work into this stuff - I hope it shows.
It deffinately shows. I'm currently with microstation, and if I were to list a disadvantage to AutoCAD first one I would put - "No CADTutor Forum" :) Edited by SteveK

Aren't there any equivalent Microstation forums out there? Are there ANY Microstation forums?

Only one I've found is Be Communities (Bentley's) - I shouldn't knock it, they've been quite helpful on there. It's just not the same though.

I found that one but it didn't seem too lively. No posts in the last 9 days and quite a few with no replies. Is that because the Microstation community is relatively small or because that forum isn't popular? I suppose the question in the back of my mind is; "would a Microstation forum on this board be of any use?"

Maybe a new thread on this?

I'd be happy about it, although my initial question would be, where will the people able to answer questions come from? Unlively MS forums exist (it doesn't look like many people use http://microstationtips.com/forum/ which is a top google search item).

Yes, I looked at that one too - it's all but dead. It might just mean that there isn't a critical mass of Microstation users that would keep a lively forum going. I know many of the members here have experience of both systems - maybe we could kick something off.

I'll move this discussion to a new thread and see if there's any interest.

Is that because the Microstation community is relatively small or because that forum isn't popular...

I would say the former, and getting smaller.... although many Microstation users will tell you it is because the software is great and they never have problems to discuss.... :-)

I would say the former, and getting smaller.... although many Microstation users will tell you it is because the software is great and they never have problems to discuss.... :-)

:) Wouldn't it be great to see some global stats on this. The reason we use MS here is because all our clients use it, and I know some big companies in aus who use it too. Getting smaller? Maybe it really is the later - although I always have microstation questions, it's just finding someone to answer them that is the problem!

Goin off this thread so far it's just Dugg and I interested in a MS forum :) I see there has been a question in the Design Software forum, so that makes 3.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay guys, I got sidetracked but I've just created a new MicroStation forum here. My logic is that people often need to transition between AutoCAD and MicroStation so it is a relevant forum topic for this board, even if it isn't considered a "companion" product.

Obviously, we'll see how (or if) the forum is used and if it fails to generate any interest, we can remove it.

OK MicroStation fans, knock yourselves out! :)