Text over hatching Help

Dibz

I'm having trouble displaying text over hatching. I want the text over the hatching but when I put the text on separt layer there is box around the text.

oh, now I see the light... I was thinking it needed tob on the top... der... thankyou very much... I must sound like such a newbie... :)

A little tip, in case you do a lot of hatching in the future and you want your hatch always to be sent to back, then type HPDRAWORDER and change the variable to 1. That should automatically send your hatches behind all other objects that are in your drawing. :wink:

And another tip, if you don't want your hatch (or reference files) to highlight every time you move your mouse cursor over them, then type PREVIEWFILTER and set that variable to 17 or 18 (maybe in autocad 2010 it was already set as default), some times the hatch files slow down the working process each time they are getting highlighted once you move the mouse over them.

Cheers!

And another tip, if you don't want your hatch (or reference files) to highlight every time you move your mouse cursor over them, then type PREVIEWFILTER and set that variable to 17 or 18 (maybe in autocad 2010 it was already set as default), some times the hatch files slow down the working process each time they are getting highlighted once you move the mouse over them.

Cheers!

Especially if your hatch scale is eensy teensy tiny. I had highlighted about 4 acres of a lot survey once, at 1 for the hatch scale using arsand. The dang thing took 30 or 40 seconds just to highlight if I ran the cursor over it. I changed it to something like 300 and it was still bad, so I switched to a hatch with lines instead of dots.

Especially if your hatch scale is eensy teensy tiny. I had highlighted about 4 acres of a lot survey once, at 1 for the hatch scale using arsand. The dang thing took 30 or 40 seconds just to highlight if I ran the cursor over it. I changed it to something like 300 and it was still bad, so I switched to a hatch with lines instead of dots.

As a road designer myself, I have even had fatal errors due to huge areas being hatched with some complex pattern, that was before I was introduced to PREVIEWFILTER :D Heh, sounds a bit like a TV commercial