Leader Issue

Hello

I'm having problems with Leaders. Some with MText and some without that were created in Release10 thur Release 14. I'm going thru our OLD drawings and updating them to our current standards and settings. I am using AutoCAD Mechanical 2000i Power Pack and the rest of the company is using AutoCAD 2005. Any 3 point leader that was created in R10 to R14 show only two grips. In 2Ki and 2K5 a 3 point leader has three grips. After updating I first "AUDIT" with "Y", second "Purge ALL" and third save the file. All is fine until the drawings are reopened. The 3 point leaders are now 2 point leaders. To find out where it changed, I did one step at a time, saved the drawing, then reopened. Everything remained the same until I did the "AUDIT" "Y". That is where they changed. I redid the "AUDIT' with "N" and the leaders remained 3 point. Here is what the "AUDIT" shows in one instance.

Drawing: C:\Users\Sjs\RevChecks\36461.dwg Autodesk, Inc. AutoCAD AUDIT REPORT Page 1

Release: 15.05 12 06 00 Microsoft Windows NT Version 5.1 (x86) 07/20/10 14:14:04

Auditing Entities Pass 1

DXF Name Current Value Validation Default

AcDbLeader(1394) annotation id Null disable annotation

AcDbLeader(1615) annotation id Null disable annotation

Total errors found 2 fixed 2

Is there a way (short of new leaders) to do "AUDIT" "Y" and not have it FIX the leaders? Management does not want me changing or adding anything on the drawings other than settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the on-line help, it seems that there is no system variable (setting) that can help you.

I don't know what happens to the management diktat (not changing or adding anything on the drawings other than settings) if you do the following:

1. Collect information about all three point leaders using a program and store it in a variable (list) or an external file.

2. Delete the leaders.

3. Audit.

4. Recreate the leaders using the stored information.

The saving grace is that this will be done programatically and not manually.

Its just a thought. I have not tried it.