Concrete Hatching

OLD SCHOOL

Sometimes when hatching with concrete pattern, the small triagular shapes come out as lines. If you alter the ucs angle and re-hatch it works fine - not sure why.

Any Ideas??

• 7 months later...

This a known feature of the concrete hatching, when you are a long way from the 0,0 coordinate. Making a UCS moves the origin closer to the hatch for the older versions of AutoCAD, but there should now be an option for doing this in the Hatching dialogue box.

ConcreteHatching.jpg

I too have this problem quite often and change 'Specified Origin' -> 'Default to boundary extents' in the Hatch properties to get it to display correctly.

Gravel will do the same as well go silly when viewed we just re set the origin point in the hatch properties to be a corner of the object being hatched.

Does changing the scale of the hatch have anything to do with it? I never get all that far out I guess, have never seen it do that.

I too have this problem quite often and change 'Specified Origin' -> 'Default to boundary extents' in the Hatch properties to get it to display correctly.

Same here. Fixes the problem every time.

If your doing civil drawings and using real world co-ordinates as an example 285588.123,5763207.123 then the problem creeps in pretty quick we just all know about it.

Awesome, thanks guys, i have been having this problem for ages, but could never find the right description to bring up these posts!! I knew someone out there would have had the same problem and then the answer too!! WOo hoo, thanks! 1 happy technician, sad really, this really has brightened up my day!

Pete