Command Alias being Superseded

jamathi

Hi all,

Our firm has a custom program running along with our AutoCad 2008. The programmer has included the default commands along with his cutom commands within his program.

Problem is, none of my custom shortcuts from the Command Alias Editor work. Is there anyway to give my .pgp file first preference. So far I've been able to work around it by making new aliases that do not conflict with the default aliases nor the ones in his program. Which rules out 1 letter aliases since those are all taken.

Cad manager here does not want to discuss this with the programmer because he finds my need for this insignificant.

Any ideas?

Actually since the programmer changed your .pgp file, which means that you have to re-create your won abbreviations onec again. and it does not

tanke that much time. And it is better idea to keep a copy of your .pgp file aside after making the changes of the file.

Tharwat

What is the current "path" to the acad.pgp file that is being loaded?

I'm assuming you have a copy of your own acad.pgp file available right? Do you currently have a defined "path" to the folder containing your custom pgp file included in Tools > Options > Files?

I was always under the impression there were at least two acad.pgp files (standalone system) and perhaps more, on a networked system, and that the last one loaded was the one that got used.

Edited by ReMark

Hi all,

Our firm has a custom program running along with our AutoCad 2008. The programmer has included the default commands along with his cutom commands within his program.

Problem is, none of my custom shortcuts from the Command Alias Editor work. Is there anyway to give my .pgp file first preference. So far I've been able to work around it by making new aliases that do not conflict with the default aliases nor the ones in his program. Which rules out 1 letter aliases since those are all taken.

Cad manager here does not want to discuss this with the programmer because he finds my need for this insignificant.

Any ideas?

A) Is there any way to disable the shortcuts defined by the custom program. A well built application will include this option.

B) As lpseifert mentioned, lisp functions always win over pgp shortcuts.

C) As a last resort, give up on the pgp file and put lisp defined shortcuts in "acaddoc.lsp" or "your_custom_menu.mnl" Here is the loading order of startup files, to which you may need to refer in your situation.

What is the current "path" to the acad.pgp file that is currently being loaded?

I'm assuming you have a copy of your own acad.pgp file available right? Do you currently have a defined "path" to the folder containing your custom pgp file included in Tools > Options > Files?

I was always under the impression there were at least two acad.pgp files (standalone system) and perhaps more, on a networked system, and that the last one loaded was the one that got used.

The path is ; TOOLS -> CUSTOMIZE -> EDIT PROGRAM PARAMETERS

Regards

Tharwat

The path is ; TOOLS -> CUSTOMIZE -> EDIT PROGRAM PARAMETERS

No, he means where is your PGP file located, the one that AutoCAD is reading...

To find out, paste this at the AutoCAD command line: (findfile "Acad.pgp")

Some quick answers, the prommer did not modify my .pgp file, it is still the same.

The program doesn't have a disable to it, only way is to deallocate the files loading but that would cause huge issues.

It makes sense that the lisp supersedes the .pgp

I will look into making the lisp that has my shorcuts in it as mentioned by rkmcswain..... Just don't know how :(

I will look into making the lisp that has my shorcuts in it as mentioned by rkmcswain..... Just don't know how :(

Here is a portion of my acaddoc.lsp file to give you an idea... the file can be created with Notepad- save as acaddoc.lsp somewhere in acad's support path.

the letters after (defun c: will be the 'shortcut'

(defun c:ue ()(command "ucs" "e"))
(defun c:ul ()(command "ucs" "e" "l"))
(defun c:uw ()(command "ucs" "w"))
(defun c:uv ()(command "ucs" "v"))
(defun c:up ()(command "ucs" "p"))

(defun c:w ()(command "zoom" "w"))
(defun c:p ()(command "zoom" "p"))
(defun c:ze ()(command "zoom" "e"))
(defun c:zo ()(command "zoom" "o"))
(defun C:A ()( COMMAND "ZOOM" "E" "Zoom" "0.99x")(princ)) 

(defun C:RZ ()( COMMAND "UCS" "Z" "90"))
(defun c:rx ()(command "ucs" "x" "90"))
(defun c:ry ()(command "ucs" "y" "90"))

(defun C:AO ()( COMMAND "AREA" "O" ))
(defun C:AOL ()( COMMAND "AREA" "O" "L" ))

(DEFUN C:W1 ()(COMMAND"WIPEOUT" "F" "ON"))
(DEFUN C:W0 ()(COMMAND"WIPEOUT" "F" "OFF"))

(defun c:lt() (command "_lengthen" "T"))
(defun c:ld() (command "_lengthen" "DE"))
(defun c:ldy () (command "_lengthen" "dy"))

(defun c: s() (command "stretch" "C"))

(defun c:c2 () (command "circle" "2P"))
(defun c:ct () (command "circle" "t"))