How to count words in a drawing without macros?

alex5908

Hi there,

I am a translator. I want to count words in a drawing and charge a customer according to the number of words. I do not know anything about macros so this option will not suit me. I tried dxf2text but the program reads: Dfx2text is not recognized as an internal or external command. Are there any other simple ways to count words in a drawing?

To learn to use AutoLisp it will take you 10-15minutes. Next you could use a Lisp routine we have in the AutoLisp section to export all the texts from a drawing in a txt file. Open that file in Word and count the words. In 5 minutes it should be donne.

You may start from here:http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?1390-How-to-use-the-LISP-routines-in-this-archive

Welcome in the forum!

Thanks for the replies. I put lisp files to setuipres but when I enetered WORDS the Cad reads Unknown command. Where exactly shall I copy list files in Autocad?