Friday Teaser - Font style changing in text style

Good morning,

I have come across a problem today that I have not seen before. A drawing was created by another department. They use a text style called ISONORM with font stlye "Romans.shx" set to a width factor of 0.8.

When I open the drawing the Text style is there called ISONORM as expected but the Fontstyle that it uses is "iso8.shx".

Before anyone suggests that perhaps Romans.shx is missing, there is another Text style in the drawing called Romans using Font style "Romans.shx" which appears the same when I open the drawing.

Any ideas on this???

thanks

Feargt

I would guess finger trouble while in the STYLE command. The font is carried in the drawing so it is easy to make a slip which is not noticed, especially if the font is similar to the expected one.

Hi dbroada,

But if my colleague opens the drawing the font style for the text style is correct. He saves the drawing. Then I open the drawing from my computer and the font style appears as iso8.shx. If I close the drawing without saving and my colleague reopens the drawing it is back to romans.shx....

I have just done another test. Even when I open the drawing and make a minor change and save the drawing without doing anything with the font style, my colleague opens the drawing and the font style returns to correct style "Romans.shx"..not sure if that sheds any further light on the issue but thought I'd share it anyway

it gets stranger........

When I open a blank drawing and try to change a font style, I don't actually have the option to choose "iso8.shx" so i don't know where this font style is actually coming from. The creator of the drawing (this is not just with one drawing, it is all drawings from this department) also does not have the option to choose "iso8.shx"