Map 3D 2009 - tracing from reference

jknowlage

Hi all! I'm new to Map 3D 2009 and having trouble referencing a PDF that I need to trace for my new job.

I couldn't quite figure out how to import a PDF for an underlay, so I've used Photoshop to convert it to a TIF image (seems easier to find an import command for this file type.) When I select "Insert an Image..." from the Create menu, the image is rendered OVER my dwg drawing. I can't really see the map now and it seems this isn't the best way to accomplish what I'm needing to do.

Anyone have a suggestion of a better approach, or maybe something I'm overlooking in my procedure? I would really appreciate your feedback!

I couldn't quite figure out how to import a PDF for an underlay

Unless it's different in Map 3D - "Insert" menu > PDF Underlay > Broswe for the PDF you want to insert.

If you want to trace over a tif image, type DRAWORDER at the command line, select the image, hit Enter and then type BACK and hit Enter. You can also do this by selecting the image, right click, click "Draw Order" and then click "Send to Back".

It must be different in Map 3D, because there isn't even an Insert menu. Thanks for the TIF instructions, that looks like the best solution for now (until I buy the full AutoCAD package for home).:D