Need some help with Layers Please

troyadamietz

I seem to be having a problem when starting a new drawing and making layers on my AutoCAD 06.

I open the layer properties manager and hit new layer when starting from scratch, it won't let me name the layer it just goes as Layer 1, etc.

Then when I select a color for that layer it opens the box, I choose a color and hit okay, but it reverts back to white.

The same thing happens if I choose a different line type, line weight, etc.... It opens the box and allows me to choose whatever I want, but when I hit okay, it always reverts to whatever the default was.

Am I missing something here?

HELP

Hi

try to paste the following in the command line of your Autocad and check in the Layer list after that'

(command "_.-layer" "make" "Concrete" "ltype" "continuous" "" "color" "yellow" "" "")

Regards

Tharwat

I didn't do anything and it started working..... who knows:o

That's why I suggested closing Autocad and restarting. Sometimes programs won't load up correctly, for whatever reason, and a simple restart will fix the problem.