Selected lines not appearing on screen as being selected.

mrjangles

When I load the copy/rotate lisp routine and use it, something strange happens and I don't know why. If I select a line, say a boundary for the trim command, normally the line turns into a dashed line. After running copyrot the line is solid. Likewise when I select a line with the cursor, the grips appear but the dashed line doesn't.

WHY????????????

It's very annoying because you can't see which lines you have selected. The only way to get round it is to shut the program down and re-start it.

AutoCAD 2002

This is controlled with the HIGHLIGHT system variable. When this variable is set to 1, highlighting of selected objects is on and is off when set to 0. The LISP routine you are using must be turning it off and not back on again afterwards. There's no need to close down and start up. Just type HIGHLIGHT and set it to 1.

I suspect the routine changes the HIGHLIGHT variable to 0. Type HIGHLIGHT on the command line and set it to 1.

edit....

must learn to type faster.

Oh there are some truly impressive varibles tucked away in there. A lot are "left overs" from earlier versions and are kept to stop old routines from falling over. Highlight could well be one such variable. I started AutoCAD on an 8088 processor (probably 4.7 MHz iirc) machine and you had every cpu hungry element turned off. AutoCAD came with a "About to regen - procede?" message. If you agreed you had enough time to grow the coffee beans before you got control back so being able to do away with niceties like highlight was good.

Then you find that there are some variables you need which aren't there!

I would like for all my multiline text boxes to default to "No Wrap". Can I do it? No! Has Help topics/Autodesk helped? No! in fact Autodesk has never been useful.

You can either pick the first corner, then set the width to 0, or set up a button that will set the width for you:

^C^Cmtext;\w;0; (untested)

• 3 years later...

Yo DB, got a guy here that wants his highlight turned off... problem is the setvar (highlight) doesn't affect it. Does 3d cause this? can't think of any other way...

anyone?