Windows gives error message when installing Inventor

firdausmohd69

I'm a beginner,and I have a problem.

I have counter a problem while installing the AutoCAD 2010 version which I get from my coordinator, the version that I try to install is AutoCAD Inventor 2010 Student Version English Win 64bit. But it fails,and it shows a message "Windows cannot access the specific device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access this item" So sir, hope you can help me. Thank You.

Are you trying to install Inventor on a disk that you do not have premission to? Can you run as an Administrator instead? Can you change the installation paths?

No, I try to install it with the premission. I have run as an Administrator but i fails too. hmmm.what do you mean by change the installation paths? Im sorry for the stupid question, but pls help me, I just bought this notebook pc 1 months ago, so totally blur.TQ

Notebook? I am all for trying to do stuff, but if it really is a notebook then the performance of Inventor might be very spotty. Check Autodesks website for the hardware requirements for Inventor and compare.

What I mean with installation paths is when you are doing the installation somewhere along the way you get to choose where the program will be installed, that is the installation path. But if you have run as Admin that shouldn't be the problem. Unless it is a path that does not exist at all.

Owh. TQ. 1 more question. I try again on Asus K40IJ with System:32 bit OS and model of Dell Inspiron System: 64 bit OS. What I want to tell you here, for Asus K40IJ totally cant install it right, but the Dell model cannot install the autodesk too. Any solutions?? For Informations, I have run as Administrator and still cannot do it and It shows the same message for both laptop.