Hardware Acceleration for 2011 AutoCAD LT

smarcus3

I upgraded from 2010 LT to 2011 LT. However the newer software on a MUCH faster computer is un-usable if dynamic imput is enabled. however the older software and computer run this fine. How can I fix this?

Thanks

Edited by smarcus3

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smarcus3

• ReMark

• lanelizard

• Dana W

A "laggy" mouse may be due to nothing more than an outdated driver. When you purchased this much faster computer did you retain your old mouse and keyboard?

Completely new mouse and keyboard. This same laggy mouse issue also happens on other computers with AutoCAD 2011. It somewhat improves when you turn off dynamic input.

I just loaded 2011 yesterday and have had no mouse related issues. I have not tested it with Dynamic Input enabled. I will do so momentarily and let you know the results. I'll be back.

An update.

I enabled Dynamic Input and have experienced no lag what-so-ever. I'm using my original (older) MS wheel mouse and a four year old Logitech keyboard.

I have the company-wide TrendMicro antivirus program running, MS Outlook, Windows Explorer and my Internet connection running in the background.

My OS is WinXP S.P. 3 (32-bit) running the 32-bit version of ACAD 2011. There is 4GB of RAM installed on this (work) system and I have enabled the 3GB switch in my boot.ini file.

What are the specs on your computers?

By the way, mine is a standalone system as far as AutoCAD goes. You're networked?

Edited by ReMark

I am fully aware that you are running LT while I am running the full blown package. So, that makes me wonder why our experiences aren't reversed. With more "overhead" I should be having problems while you sail right along.

What are your system specs?

Has this been a problem right from the start?

Do mouse-related problems appear when using other programs (ex. - MS Word or Excel)?

What model mouse is being used?

Have you checked your mouse properties?

problem happens on over 3 computers. all different equipment. occurs starting right after install within autocad. Everything else works great. Computers run windows 7 but also happens in vista. not sure on xp.

Laptop: 2 ghz core 2 duo, 2 gb ram, 64bit, microsoft air mouse / pad

Desktop 2.4 ghz core 2 quad, 4 gb ram, 64 bit, microsoft mosue (model ???)

Here's that "Did you check the gas guage." question.:wink:

You're not running a MS roller ball type mouse are you?

The only problems I ever experienced with ACAD LT was with one of those museum pieces. The thing was totally unusable and worse with Dyn Input and Tool Tips on. I couldn't even get the crosshairs to center on a grip. it jiggled all over the place. It was not that long ago, at a work place with a tight boss. Took me two weeks to convince him to let me even buy my own optical mouse and install it.

Of course you have optical mouses (Mices?) other than the touchpad.

Don't use pointer acceleration.

Don't use smart pointer.

Don't use mouse trails.

Set all scroll increments to 1 line.

Wireless mouse? You may need to resynchronize your mouse with the receiver.

Other suggestions include trying another port for the receiver, reinserting the batteries or exchanging them for new ones and checking for interference with electrically operated equipment or large metal objects like railings or computer cases.

I don't believe its a mouse hardware issue since the same issue happens on 3 different computers with 3 different mice.

Seems you have narrowed it down to the software. As long as there is nothing wrong with the hardware then I guess that's the end of it. I'm not sure what you can do. Does your company have a subscription? Have you tried talking with your authorized reseller?

i don't believe so, but I was sure other users were experiencing the same issue.

Your's is the first post I recall seeing reguarding AutoCAD LT 2011 and mouse related issues when Dynamic Input is invoked.

Have you checked the AutoDesk Discussion Forums to see if anyone else has encountered the same problem?

Yeah. AutoDesk has the fix which is to turn off dynamic input, which seems to work. However the annoying this is that dynamic input worked fine with 2010 LT and now in 2011 LT it doesn't.

If that advice came directly from AutoDesk then they are aware of the problem and it will probably be addressed in the first Update (formerly called Service Pack). Until then you're stuck and there is nothing that any one of us can do to change that situation. Life sucks...then you die.