Hardware Acceleration for 2011 AutoCAD LT

smarcus3

I have a similar problem with both Autocad 2011 64 bit and Civil 3D 64 bit. Both running on a new machine with my old mouse and keyboard. I believe thissue to be a video problem as the dynamic input boxes appear then the system freezes for 2 - 3 seconds while the text populates the fields.

I had no such problems on my old machine runniing the 32 bit version.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smarcus3

• ReMark

• lanelizard

• Dana W

If you have the proper OS you can indeed install 32-bit software on a 64-bit machine. For test purposes I loaded AutoCAD 2004 32-bit on my new 64-bit computer running Windows 7 Ultimate with no problem. Maybe it worked because at the time there was no 64-bit option for 2004.

There seems to be a mis-understanding.

The 32 bit version was running on an XP machine.

The 64 bit version is running on a windows 7 64 bit machine.

The 64 bit read me for the install of Civil 3D mentions some anomolies with a few menus under the 64 bit version. It mentions nothing about the dynamic input issue.

Thanks lanelizard but as your lawyer should have told you "Never volunteer information you aren't specifically asked to." The question was directed at smarcus3.

Ultimate I believe

Maybe you should verify this by right-clicking on My Computer then selecting Properties. When the next window appears the operating system you are using should be listed right at the top. Further down the window you'll also find out whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit.

• 1 month later...

This worked to rid of mouse lag on my windows 7 laptop with Autocad 2010 and it involves changing an advanced system setting in windows.

START - Computer - (right mouse button) - Properties - Advanced System Settings - Advanced - Settings - uncheck (disable) the box next to Enable Desktop Composition

Should work - Good Luck

• 6 months later...

yelrom you are a legend. I know its a while since your post but I wanted to bump this solution up.

This problem has frustrated me ever since I started using AutoCAD 2010 / 2011.

Your advanced settings changes fixed the mouse lag for me also, which were inexplicable due to the high end system I'm running. I'm also a Windows 7 user.

I knew I could eliminate the problem by turning off dynamic input but I like the feature so its good to have it back.

Cheers

RB

• 5 months later...
This worked to rid of mouse lag on my windows 7 laptop with Autocad 2010 and it involves changing an advanced system setting in windows.

START - Computer - (right mouse button) - Properties - Advanced System Settings - Advanced - Settings - uncheck (disable) the box next to Enable Desktop Composition

Should work - Good Luck

Yelrom, I concur - you truly are a legend. I have had the same problem with AutoCAD 2012 and that has fixed it too!! Thanks for saving my sanity!! :D