inserting TIFF image into AutoCAD

manchest

Hi

I am trying to insert a TIFF image into AutoCAD using imageattach

The image is a black line drawing on a white background. when I use imageattach the background is black and the lines are white, which is not very clear

Does anybody know why this is happening?

Also is it possible to insert the Tiff image so it is embeded in the drawing and has now link

Thanks for your help

I am being asked by out client to embed tiff files into the drawing

Would I be right in saying this is not possible using a standard AutoCAD command? and can only be done with the method shown in the link in the previous post?

I am being asked by out client to embed tiff files into the drawing

Would I be right in saying this is not possible using a standard AutoCAD command? and can only be done with the method shown in the link in the previous post?

Right. OLE, or the IEMBED command are really the only ways. The other two convert the image to CAD entities.

If you just want the image to appear then why not just use insert raster image the only difference is that it is treated as an XREF so you must always have the image somewhere where it can be found by the drawing, we just save the image to the same location as the dwg.

If its a company logo etc then save it in a location where it will always be found. use etransmit and it will attach image a s well.

Thanks for your replies

The drawing has to be stand alown with no attachments

Our client is asking me to do this but I am not sure it is possible. He is telling me to copy and paste the tiff file into AutoCAD.

When I try this in AutoCAD 2009 it still creates a link.

I can copy and paste a bmp file into AutoCAD and there is no link but the quality of the original bmp is lost

Hi again

I have had a go at the options in step 1

I can get the image into AutoCAD without there being a link, the problem is if I save the drawing exit then reopen it again the image has disappered leaving just the outline frame of the tiff.

anyone know why AutoCAD is not saving the image?

Thanks again for your help

I have been sent a drawing that has an image embeded in

When I open the drawing I can see the image in the preview window, but when it opens it has the frame of the image and no image.

Could this be some varible in AutoCAD that is stopping the image displaying?

Sounds like the image was inserted using the IMAGEATTACH command, and the person who sent you the drawing did not send you the image along with it. Just contact them and tell them you need the image, and tell them that next time, they need to run ETRANSMIT and send you the .zip file.

Or, if you have the image, just stick it in the folder where the drawing is saved and then open the drawing. If the image is in the same folder, Autocad will see it.

In your last post you said that you were sent a drawing with an image that's not showing up. My response was in regards to that post, not your original post. You should have started a new thread for that new question.

I have had a go at the options in step 1

I can get the image into AutoCAD without there being a link, the problem is if I save the drawing exit then reopen it again the image has disappered leaving just the outline frame of the tiff.

anyone know why AutoCAD is not saving the image?

Thanks again for your help

Even if you are using OLE, Windows may be "linking" the image (the "L" in OLE is for linking), and I have seen cases where the "link" is to a temp file in the %temp% directory. When you are finished, click on the image and open ._Properties. Look in the Misc section. Does it say the "Type" is "Embedded"? Also, does the OLELINKS command do anything?