Find MText and replace with Block?

Guest Brian_MMC

Guest Brian_MMC

I have an Arch background with (Room Codes) “IE = OFA02”. The room code refers to a spread sheet that tells me what is in the room. I want to replace the room code with a block containing symbols of what the room code tells me so I do not have to keep referring to the spread sheet.

In this drawing version the Room Code are drawn using (multiline text). It can be found using either the Find and Replace (Only giving me the option to replace with one line of text) or the Quick Select.

Now that that they have been selected what is the quickest way of exchanging them to the block?

Any ideas?

I don't know if you are using an automation technique.

If you were I'de get the information from the mtext, like whatever you need. I'd get the insertion. Then I'd insert an info block ref to the point, and populate it's attributes as needed with the info you want to reference quickly.

Since I don't know exactly which info you are trying to get, except maybe the tag you mentioned.

Another thing maybe you could do, is give a block the same name, minus the illegal characters, and through some automation, get the code from the mtext that would refere to the block with the furniture, then insert the block which correspponds to the tag from the mtext.

Guest Brian_MMC

I have had a few people tell me that a lisp may work.

It would have to search for a MText with a Contents of _______. Grab its insertion point information. Delete that selected MText. Insert the selected Block at that point. And repeat until no MText are found with the Contents of _______.

If anyone has time to set something like this up. I would love to give their LISP a go.

Thanks in advance to the LISP geniuses out there.

Really Alan?

In all the time that you've been a member here, have you ever known us to tolerate offensive subject matter like that? I can't imagine what would have made you think you could post something like that here? Unbelievable! :glare:

Really Alan?

In all the time that you've been a member here, have you ever known us to tolerate offensive subject matter like that? I can't imagine what would have made you think you could post something like that here? Unbelievable! :glare:

LoL, I don't even have a good reason. Sorry about that.