Please help me..? Autocad 2011 "fatal error: Out of memory - shutting down"

capricorn

Hi to everyone,

I really need your help, this is the scenario. One of the PC in our office is having Problem with the error the Autocad 2011, "FATAL ERROR: Out of Memory - SHutting Down". The Desktop PC is new, and the specifications is so good, Dell Optiplex, Intel Core 2 Duo with 2.92 GHz speed, 4 GB OF memory, and 1 GB Video Card, and im using Windows 7 32 bit operating System..

I think the PC doesnt have problem because the specifications is really good, Is there SOMEBODY can help me or give me idea why this error occur considering that we have a good specs of pc. And most of the times only Autocad 2011 and Microsoft outlook is only the software that was open simultaneously...

How this error occur? Does the 2011 Autocad is not yet Smooth to use? or the Windows 7 is not yet compatible with Autocad 2011?

Please give me the idea if HOW CAN WE FIX THAT ERROR...

thank you so much in advance..

Thank you...!

Ros..

There is no need to post your question in multiple forums in such short order as it just causes confusion and makes following the thread of the conversation difficult. Please refrain from doing so in the future. Thank you.

Maybe you have a bad memory (RAM) module (DIMM).

Open up the case, ground yourself, pull out all the DIMMs then reseat them. Close up the case and boot up the computer.

If the problem persists see post #5 re: How to test for bad memory.

Edited by ReMark

Guest Brian_MMC

I have had this issue on previous computers with previous versions of A-Cad. After turning up the Virtual Memory on my computer I receive the error less often too not at all. Use something like a 2:1 ratio.

Virtual Memory: Real Memory

Hope this helps.

What are you doing when this error occurs? Are you building a complex 3D model? Or rendering? The more information you provide, the better your chances of finding a solution.

And I agree with Brian. Check your virtual memory.

FYI: I have deleted your other duplicate threads. In the future, please don't cross post.

Normally Windows will set the limits of virtual memory by default based upon the amount of install physical RAM. The user can override these settings assuming he/she knows what they are doing and how to do it.

There is no need to post your question in multiple forums in such short order as it just causes confusion and makes following the thread of the conversation difficult. Please refrain from doing so in the future. Thank you.

Im just seeking for help thats why i decided into multiple forums..to assured that my concern can will read and answer if they know it.

Thats It!

I have had this issue on previous computers with previous versions of A-Cad. After turning up the Virtual Memory on my computer I receive the error less often too not at all. Use something like a 2:1 ratio.

Virtual Memory: Real Memory

Hope this helps.

Brian,

Tnx for the msg, im just curious, what do u mean "use something like a 2:1 ratio? and what is the difrence between virtual and real memory?

Real memory, as you call it, is physical memory (i.e. - the DIMM modules installed on your motherboard).

Re: Virtual memory. Read this. It might help your understand the concept better.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question684.htm

To increase virtual memory in Windows XP following the instructions contained in this article. If you have a different OS the procedure may be slightly different.

http://www.delete-computer-history.com/increase-virtual-memory.html

On my work computer I have virtual memory set to 2.5 times the amount of physical RAM. I've also set the minimum and maximum values the same so Windows sets aside a contiguous section of my hard drive exclusively for its use.