Printing in monochrome

85fudge

I'm using Autocad Architecture 2010 and I've created a drawing with layers (each in a different colour) and now I want to print it with black lines displaying the line weights.

I've been searching online and read about ctb and stb... and I AM VERY CONFUSED!

Please can someone explain to me in basic terms how I can print my drawing in b&w?

Thanks so much.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• 85fudge

• Pablo Ferral

• MSasu

Top Posters In This Topic

In PRINT command's dialog, under Plot Style pop-up list select monocrome.CTB.

If you don’t see that pop-up list, please take care that there is a round button with an arrow at the bottom-right corner of dialog that will allow you to expand it to have access to more options.

Regards,

You can use the monochrome.ctb in the Plot Style drop-down box.

Your lineweights are set within your drawing right?

Ah...beaten to the punch by msasu. I need another cup of coffee! LOL

I dont know how much Architecture differs from plain AutoCAD, but here when you press Ctrl+P to print, and the dialog appears, you need to see the further printing options if you can't already. To do this, click the arrow pointing towards the right at the bottom of the dialog box (just to the right of the help button). This should bring up moe options (if it makes your dialog box smaller then press it again as the further options were already there)

Then, at the top right it ssys "Plot Style Table (Pen assignments)" with a drop down menu in this section. Press the drop down menu and set it to "Monochrome.ctb"

For us, this then prints in monochrome, whatever the layer colours! :)

hope this works same for u and helps you out a bit! :)

Damn, beaten by both Msasu and ReMark! :( lol

Edited by bobsy852
Pipped at the post!

Thanks everyone, but I think Autocad Architecture must be different as I can't see monochrome.ctb anywhere!

When I go into Manage Plot Styles I can't see it, and under Plot Style Table there are just lots of complicated options and I don't know where to start..

I can't believe something so simple as printing in b&w can be so difficult :(

You can use the monochrome.ctb in the Plot Style drop-down box.

Your lineweights are set within your drawing right?

Ah...beaten to the punch by msasu. I need another cup of coffee! LOL

Yes, the lineweights are all set in the layers. The problem I have is that I can't fine monochrome.ctb ..

The plot style table says:

Normal

By Layer

By Block

Then, below that there is a drop down for the active plot style. All the options are .stb

aec standard colour.stb

aec standard.stb

aia colour lwt by object.stb

aia lwt by object.stb

aia standard.stb

aia standard colour.stb

Looks like your company has standardized on stb plot styles.

Off the top of my head I'd guess that you would want to use the aia lwt by object.stb.

Do a test plot of a small area of the draw. You can use the Window option, centered on the sheet. I'd suggest plotting on a 8.5x11 size for this test.

If your company has standardized on using stb plot styles I would caution against converting to a ctb. Just my opinion.

If your company has standardized on using stb plot styles I would caution against converting to a ctb. Just my opinion.

@ReMark is right, use the STB to CTB conversion command only if something else doesn’t help you and with the drawing open as Read-Only; this way will ensure that you don’t affect the drawing.

Regards,

I'm using a student licence of autocad, so don't have issues with my company standardising on stb...

I think I'll just have to take my laptop into uni and see if someone else uses Autocad Architecture and they might know how to do it.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude. I tried what you said above (aia lwt by object.stb) and it prints colour. I tried all the other ones in the drop down and they all print in colour.

I won't convert to ctb as it might cause problems with the drawing, as advised above.

Perhaps I need to set up my own plot style, but I just don't know what I am doing..

Pick the style I previously mentioned. To the right of the Plot Style Table drop-down there is a button. This is the EDIT button. Click on it. On the next screen, is there a button that reads Save As? If so, click on it and save the plot style using a different name. I suggest you save it as MyMonochrome.stb. Now stop. Report back here before doing anything else.

hi

how to create transeparent glass facade in showroom ie. i want to see inside things from standing outside of showroom through the glass

regards