Printing in monochrome

85fudge

Shardanand: You do realize you have not only posted in the wrong forum but that you have appended your question to someone else's thread? This thread is about printing issues and not about creating a transparent glass material.

Please post your question in the proper forum. Thank you.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• 85fudge

• Pablo Ferral

• MSasu

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote a 'quickie' tutorial with some screen shots that should help you out:

http://thecadsetterout.wordpress.com/category/autocad/plotting/

Interesting tutorial but it does not go far enough for this OP who is dealing with trying to create a monochrome.stb plot style.

Better hurry up and write about creating and editing ctb and stb plot styles. You might also want to include instructions on how to go about converting plot styles too. Just a suggestion.

You are using STB plot styles. The first thing to do is go into the layer manager and make sure no layers are using a plot style name of Normal. If you find any, sort by that column, grab them all or one at a time and assign them a plot style name from the stb file. With STB files the plot style name associated with the layer must match the name found in the stb file of your choice. With CTB this is never a problem as the user can't add or change the style names, they are always color_1, color_2, etc. With STB the names could be anything.

With the Architecture program there are other ways to over ride the plot style that don't exist in plain AutoCAD. I no longer have Architecture loaded on my machine and so I can't tell you the name of the menu option to set that, so you may want to post in the Architecture area instead.

Interesting tutorial but it does not go far enough for this OP who is dealing with trying to create a monochrome.stb plot style.

Better hurry up and write about creating and editing ctb and stb plot styles. You might also want to include instructions on how to go about converting plot styles too. Just a suggestion.

:oops: I'm on it!