So far AutoCAD ANYTHING and Win7 do NOT LIKE EACH OTHER!!!!!!

erratic

Whats going here? I thought 2011 ACAD - MEP or otherwise was geared to work with Win7????? I keep getting "fatal errors" - my profile will not "stick" once applied and at this point there is NO FIX for such problems... anyone else having this issue? or am I just "special"

You're just special.

I currently have AutoCAD 2004 (32-bit), AutoCAD 2009 (32-bit) and AutoCAD 2010 (64-bit) running on a Win7 Ultimate 64-bit system without any problems.

Please give us full details on your software and hardware to start with.

AutoCAD/ Revit MEP Suite 2011

Win 7 Pro

5.9 WEI

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.5GHz

8.00GB RAM

64 bit OS

ATI FireGL V5600

dual 24" 16:9 monitors

What else would you need to know?

I've never had these problems in the past - only since 2009, 2010 & now 2011 has AutoCAD been going downhill with these "unnecessary" issues.

its seems to me that AutoDesk is going backwards with these sorts of issues - I should NOT have to jump through hoops to "keep" my profile active and it should NOT crash every time I go to plot or simply preview a plot or start a new dwg for that matter.

WTF?

FWIW - I'm running C3D 2011, C3D 2010, and LDT 2009 on a Win7x64 system (see specs on side panel) and not having any problems either.

The x64 app (C3D 2011) is more stable than the other two x86 apps, but not having any problems that we not present with WinXP....

I honestly do not know why any of you did not have this solution for me... as I would think you had to do it too. BUT so far my issues have all been solved. Simply by correctly getting ACAD to launch with my custom profile - go figure. Why this process is not automatically adjusted during the installation process I have no idea, but all I had to do was correctly adjust the "Shortcut" to the EXE to launch MY PROFILE instead of the generic ACAD one. IDK, but its all working now. No more crashes when starting a QNEW nor am I getting fatal errors when plotting. Again, IDK WTF??? But if you have this issue just change the 'Target' inside the properties of the EXE shortcut to go to your custom named profile instead of the generic one. Very helpful, since we here have a lot of custom paths, etc that I did not want to have to adjust every time I launched ACAD. So again, problems are now solved - perhaps I can get something done now.

:D