how to change the hole table

gargoyle27

ok, so i want to change some specific things about a hole table i'm trying to make

in the C labeled holes, i want the rows to be only one row high, it defaults to two because of the two height description i think, how do i change this?

also, i wanted to change the hole names, but then sort it by the name (as you would for a part list with ballons) but how do i sort it again once you've changed the name? i just regenerated this table to get it numbered the way i wanted

i had some other problems, but i figured them out

here's a picture so you know what i'm talking about

hole table problem.jpg

Double click the text that has two lines - M6x1.... - You should get a Edit Hole Note dialog box. Uncheck the Use Default, then edit the Note Format to be one line of text instead using two lines. Hit OK, then on the table drag the row line that is double spaced until it is the same heigth as the other single spaced rows. I don't know how to make the table default to single lines.

i tried that, tho it does work, then that coloumn is crazy wide and it looks like crap, isn't there a way to make the hole rows them selves shorter? it won't let you drag them smaller eventho theres nothing stopping it

Hole _Table.jpg

Seems let me drag the row & column lines. If you want it shorter you would have to change the text height and width in the table editor

i want the description to be two lines (it's too long to be one line and look nice, plus it's a waste of space) but the xdim and ydim etc. to be only one line

junk2.jpg

Like this? If so, just double click on the descriptions that are long, and edit with a return between the text to drop it to a second line. Then drag the column or row lines where you want them.

yeah, that might be whats happening, the first thing i tried was what you said, but it won't let me make the rows any shorter than double spaced regardless of how tall the text actually is in that row, it keeps it double because the description is double, eventho those cells are merged, so annoying, so does that mean theres no way?

Don't know what to tell you, could be frozen being way up there in Canada, or Autodesk sells an inferior version to it's Canadian customers!

riiiight, are you serious?

it was over 30 degrees celcius here a few days ago, and i'm pretty sure they sell the same product to everyone, it's probably the version or something, or maybe i need to update it