How would you approach this? Preparing drawings - split tabs, bind XREFS etc.

spittle

We'd like to create some form of application or lisp to (ideally apply this to multiple drawings at the same time):

-Ensure draft stamp is off, if not then switch it off.

-Fill in signatures and date (contained within a block containing unique attributes) on each tab.

-Bind all XREFS

-trim binded XREFs to the extents of the view ports in paper space whilst keeping them as blocks.

-Purge drawing

-Split and save individual paper space tabs as separate drawings as per a predefined naming convention.

Is the above acheivable? If so, how difficult would this be? Is there something already available on the lines of the above?

Some parts of this are more important than others - we are trying to streamline our workflow as we are forced to do this every time we issue a drawing to allow us to work with one of our clients document management system.

I know ideally you want just one package that does it all, but because I don't know of one that specific lets go through each:

1. Ensure draft stamp is off, if not then switch it off.
  2. Fill in signatures and date (contained within a block containing unique attributes) on each tab.
  3. Bind all XREFS
  4. trim binded XREFs to the extents of the view ports in paper space whilst keeping them as blocks.
  5. Purge drawing
  6. Split and save individual paper space tabs as separate drawings as per a predefined naming convention.

1. If it's on a single level it's easy with code.
  2. This is easy with code - have you tried one of LeeMac's programs? - I'm sure there's one that does this on multiple drawings.
  3. I'm not sure what this involves.
  4. Once again, not sure what this involves though I'd guess and say this would be the hardest point on your list.
  5. Easy with code.
  6. Possible with code, though a little bit more involved than 1,2 & 5.

Then making all this apply to multiple drawings - if it was easy there'd be a lot more examples floating around, though unfortunately it's not easy in my opinion - but it's possible for some things.

I'd suggest if you get no more responses here, try in the lisp forum as it's more popular and a programmer might have some spare time.

Edited by SteveK

We'd like to create some form of application or lisp to (ideally apply this to multiple drawings at the same time):

-Ensure draft stamp is off, if not then switch it off.

-Fill in signatures and date (contained within a block containing unique attributes) on each tab.

-Bind all XREFS

-trim binded XREFs to the extents of the view ports in paper space whilst keeping them as blocks.

-Purge drawing

-Split and save individual paper space tabs as separate drawings as per a predefined naming convention.

Is the above acheivable? If so, how difficult would this be? Is there something already available on the lines of the above?

Some parts of this are more important than others - we are trying to streamline our workflow as we are forced to do this every time we issue a drawing to allow us to work with one of our clients document management system.

Just throwing a bit of a curveball here, do the individual sheets need to be saved as seperate dwg files, or would dwf be sufficient?