Loading Custom .lin file

balimela

Dear Friends!!

I havd crated some customized .lin file (say, A.lin). Now I wish whrn I insert my standard .dwt template it will load A.lin in default??

Another option may be it will ask for which .lin file to load while opening the .dwt file.

Hope, I explain my problem.

Thanks & Regards

Raj

Add your new custom line to the acad.lin file first. Then open your template file and load the new line type. Save the template file. Use the template for each new drawing you start and your custom linetype will be there waiting for you.

I think you didn't get my point. I have a custom A.lin file like acad.lin. A.lin have 100s of line type (standard to my industry). Now I want to load A.lin file instead of default acad.lin automatically when I open my new template drawing say B.dwt. How I could do it.

Regards and thanks for your reply.

Raj

Two options:

1) Check out the FAQ's on this site about changing the path name to your acad.lin file. Choose FAQ's at the top bar, then pick #9, "Importing/Exporting", then pick "Settings", then go to #6, "Default Paths..."

2) As ReMark mentioned just add them to the acad.lin file and be done with it. It doesn't matter if there are a couple hundred... at least you know they'll be there.

There is no harm in having a separate line file. Just make sure the path to the file is included in the Support File Search Path in Options > Files.