pipe routing help

sandeep410

By routing tecnique in solid works i wana make two pipes of different dia which are concentric and of two diff dia how to do that

Do you actually need to do this in routing or do you simply need this dual pipe shape?

In routing you will be able to pick standard size pipes to populate a "run". If you use the same line for a run of two different sized pipes they will be concentric. You can also just draw them as a part without merging the results or draw them individually and insert them into an assembly(which could also contain pipe routing information).

What version of Solidworks are you using?

First i insert a flange and then route a pipe by dragging it.Then use 3d sketch to define path.Now i want one more pipe inside the pipe of smaller dia concentric to bigger one.

I dont know what a pipe run is

Well the method you used sounds like the Drag and Drop method. Basically a pipe needs a route. Your 3d sketch is that route. You should be able to reuse that 3d sketch and just define a smaller diameter pipe to populate that. What im calling a run is the same as a route or path. Just another term for it. Hopefully i will get a little free time today and I can make some screen shots for you.

err dude i need to attend an interview tomorow.i tried using start at point but it give a error message invalid arguments somehting

I took a real quick look at it. Using drag and drop you can easily do this and add relations to make them concentric. If you are going to use a sketch you will either need to use that sketch again or draw a new one for the pipe to use as a path. The routing properties lets you select what pipe size to use. So basically just follow exactly what you did for the first pipe only with a smaller size. Sorry i still havent had much time to play with it yet.