linetype ?'s

RONK79

can a mulit-line be used in a linetype... say a line type for a railroad...

==l==l==l==l==l==l==l==

oh and i thought that a line type was supposed to scale with a dwg... but for different scales.. i have to modify a new linetype when it contains words.. like the "gas" line autocad puts out...

• 10 months later...

Check these out:

Shape file:

*1,58,CROSSTIE

4,125,4,80,3,125,3,5,3,80,3,128,002,9,(-16,96),(0,0),001,9,(64,0),(0,0),002,9,(-48,-112),(0,0),001,9,(0,127),(0,1),(0,0)

002,9,(0,-112),(0,0),001,4,128,4,80,4,5,4,125,3,80,3,125,0

.lin using the above shape:

*TRACK,

A,.025,[CROSSTIE,CROSSTIE,s=1],.075

It never hurts to post good stuff. Sometimes folks get to reading and digging around and get excited about finding something interesting, then throw a reply out there never realizing that the original poster may never see it because of it's age. I've done it myself a few times. The first time it happened, I posted an answer...couple weeks went by, I posted again because there was no action so I said "did you figure it out?" or words to that effect. One of the guys posted "if he hasn't figured it out in the last 3 years, he probably quit trying". Ooops. Late night surfing. It's great.

Welcome to the forum, join in anytime!!