Commands not working

kstrawser

I am currently using Carlson Takeoff powered by AUTOCAD 2007 OEM Engine.

I am having some problems with commands not working. For example when I type QLEADER in the command line it comes up saying unknown command. Additionally When i click the Qleader button on the toolbar it also says unknown command. Does anyone know what could be causing this to happen??

Nope that still doesn't work. There are varioius other commands that dont work as well. It weird because theres buttons for them but they dont work... please help!

1. Close AutoCAD, restart, do they work now? If yes, go to step 3, if no go to step 2.

2. use a different profile to start AutoCAD, do they work now? If no go to step 4, if yes go to step 1.

3. it works, nothing else to do

4. Check demandload, set it to "3", go to step 5.

5. Close AutoCAD, restart, do they work now? If yes go to step 3, if no go to step 6.

6. I am out of ideas, go to autodesk.com, support, knowledge base, or wait for others to respond.

Is this a new installation?

I came across a similar problem recently with a licence that had been moved to a new PC; Autocad would launch but most of the commands didn't work from either buttons or command line.

Turned out that the Autocad 'support' folder had been given Admin access so that the user could only see it 'read only', this meant that the menu files could not compile properly on startup, hence all the missing commands (I was surprised that it launched in the first place).

Giving the user write access to the support folder sorted the problem.

rkent, How do you check demandload? if its a command it doesnt work for me.

Nukecad, How to do you give access to write?

You should be able to type DEMANDLOAD at the command line.

Also try typing ASSIST (I think that is the command) at the command line, then close the dialog that pops up, now try the commands.

Also, your path statement could be too long...

The support file search path is stored in the Windows registry as a text string, with each path separated by a semicolon (;). This registry entry for support paths is also shared by the Windows operating system. The problem occurs if the combined support path is very long (over 800 characters).

To avoid this problem, restrict the support file search path to paths that are required by the software. To check the length of the support file search path for the Autodesk software, enter the following AutoLISP® expression on the command line:

(strlen (getenv "ACAD"))

To resolve the problem, shorten either path, and then close and reopen the program.

The above will also be related to commands not being recognized.