Multiple Selection Dialog box

muthu123

Dear freinds,

I am searching for a dialog box throughwhich we can select the Multiple drawings. Anybody having this routine?

Regards,

Muthu.

Yeah its called "file open"

sorry could not resist that answer

search vl-get-directory-files or findfiles

I think you understand wrongly. I need a dialog box to provide the user to select the multiple drawings at a time.

Regards,

Muthu.

Select the multiple files and do what with them? Open them? Print them? Copy them? Delete them? What?

I will do set of modifications/work in the selected drawings.

Regards,

Muthu

I'll take a wild guess here...you want to open multiple drawings at the same time, right?

So you want to pull up a list of files and select, let's say 10 of them, and have AutoCAD open them one at a time consecutively in the order they were selected?

Dear Remark,

The user can select the Multiple drawings through one dialog box by pressing shift key and it has to return all the selected files as a list. Then My lisp routine will open, do some process and closing those drawings one be one.I hope i explained clearly.

Regards,

Muthu

Sorry, but I don't see that happening as you describe. The user opens a dialog box and sees what? A list of folders or a list of files? And he is supposed to be able to pick multiple items just by pressing the Shift key once?

I think that he is looking to select a set of files to batch process with a lisp??

Perhaps that is so. Just wish the OP would be a bit clearer. He keeps referring to using the Shift key to make the selection. I'm not sure that would work.

Using the Shift-key (or Ctrl) to select multiple obejcts is standard in Windows

Yes it is but not by itself. The user still has to highlight the first and last file and make the picks with their mouse. Maybe that's what the OP intends to happen but doesn't come right out and say it.

LISP has getfiled, but it will only allow one file at at time. However, you can download DosLib and use it's getfiles function.