Align text to line

I dont remember if it is a lisp or an actual autocad command, but I am needing to aligng text to a line.

It was a simple command, click the text, click on the line and it will align the text perfectly to the line selected.

if anyone has the lisp or knows the command please let me know.

Thank You!!

Of course, if you want to use the tools that AutoCAD already has, set Polar tracking to on (you might already have it permanently set), and make sure that in the Settings, you have Polar Angle measurement 'Relative to last segment'.

Then to align some text, I start the command Rotate, chose the text, snap to the endpoint of the line, and the text is perfectly aligned to the line. :D

RotateText.jpg

HMM. I found an old lisp routine but it only works with text. I am going to try the polor tracking. The snap angle is a good idea, but most of the text is from an existing survey and I am just trying to quickly clean it up. I dont feel like retype thousands of 6" VCP hahaha.

Lee Mac's text align looks sweet, everything loaded fine and I can invoke the command but it doesnt work? I select the text and line and nothing happens???

the polor snap I can not get to work either. If I use the line as a base point or the insertion point of the text either way it aligns it to a different angle every time?

bah, why is this never as easy as it looks. I just want to click on the text, click on the line and boom it lines it up perfectly haha, is that so much to ask for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest balajibth84
Of course, if you want to use the tools that AutoCAD already has, set Polar tracking to on (you might already have it permanently set), and make sure that in the Settings, you have Polar Angle measurement 'Relative to last segment'.

Then to align some text, I start the command Rotate, chose the text, snap to the endpoint of the line, and the text is perfectly aligned to the line. :D

Hai i want rotate the text as per the selected text..Already i am using lisp for this..But thats only for single single text i want to select...But i want rotate more text depending upon the single line(Multi text Selection need)...So i can easily change multi text means..Can u help me??plz