Surface Modeling in SW..How can i start?

Tariq

Hi everyone...

i must say that this forum is outstanding..i've been reading posts for two days now and that alone was very good for me...i learned a lot in the past two days just by reading the posts here...you all are gurus...:D

anyway..i've been using solidworks for a year now..solidworks is amazing..and i'm fairly good when it comes to anything in solidworks..except surface modeling..i know the tools for that and i watched a lot of tutorials..but somehow i can't apply the tools of surfacing or i can't figure out what is the functionality of them..i tried several times to just start modeling and see what i can do but at some point i brainfreeze and i don't know what are the tools to use or what are the actions to reach a certain outcome.....

could anyone here who's an expert in surface modeling tell me what to do?

thank you very much...

Tariq- Sudan.Africa

Edited by Tariq

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of SW. There is no easy answers to your questions, people have written books about this very topic. If you had a specific question about a specif tool it would be much easier for people to reply. I can give some advice though. First, download as many models as you can find. Study the models feature tree.........really study it. Recreate those models using the tools in which they were created in feature tree and eventually you'll understand those tools and its concepts. It wont be easy, I can almost guarantee when recreating those models you would be faced with error messages. Try to resolve those errors and by solving them you will understand the limitations of SW. Its not going to happen overnight but if you have the time and dedication it will come to you. Again, if you need help with a certain tool or topic post it here. There are many people here that are willing to help. Good luck.

There are several step-by-step Surfacing tutorials in the link in my signature - follow the link to the SolidWorks examples.

They start out with parts that don't really need surfacing techniques, but get you familiar with the process and then progress to models that require surfacing techniques.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maperez/SolidWorks%20Tutorials/SW%20Tutorial%20(2).zip

If you unzip that one of the tutorials I wrote is a basic intro to the surfacing tools in SW. Might be a good start for you. I would also say to go through the surface tutorials in SWs Help menu and ask any question. If you have something specifice you want to draw that may help as well.

Bhamze,,JD and Mr.Matt..thank you very much for your replies..i'll definitely do what u advised me...the tutorials also look very useful ..thank you very much for that too...:)

• 4 months later...
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maperez/SolidWorks%20Tutorials/SW%20Tutorial%20(2).zip

If you unzip that one of the tutorials I wrote is a basic intro to the surfacing tools in SW. Might be a good start for you. I would also say to go through the surface tutorials in SWs Help menu and ask any question. If you have something specifice you want to draw that may help as well.

no download link, you can send me a link to another mail zorrofantasy@gmail.com (sorry for themselves as Vietnam) should not be able to express the:)