stretch/shrink 2D unidirectional

manikuruvilas

hi all,

let me giv u an example of what i want... i have a building plan and i have drawn an elevation of it by extending construction lines... (nothin new)

now i keep dat plan at an angle...

to draw the elevation of that, i dnt hav to extnd construction lines again but i jst hav to stretch/shrink the previous elevation. i wnt to kno hw dat can be done... does any1 have an idea...i hope u got wat i wnt to do...

i have read the results of making it a block and scaling it...but what i have seen was much easier.

i hav nt been abl to find answr anywhr...i have seen people use it looong bak and i too knew it...jst dat i hv forgottn hw to do it...

Are you talking about the STRETCH command? Otherwise, rescaling a drawing in only one direction would normally require the object be a block and inserting it with different X and Y scale factors.

i dnt kno if thers an option in stretch which enables u to do it but am sure its not my making it a block and then inserting it with diffrnt x and y values...

it is sumthin similar to the way we scale with refernce to a desired distance by not actually entering the values...

Would it take so much longer to write I want to know how that can be done ? :glare:

Unless he is using Blackberry while driving...

i dnt know where the discussion was heading to..

however, hey remark,

i guess alligning it wil again scale it in both directions...

wil try again and inform in case i get thru sumthn

i dnt know where the discussion was heading to..

I was trying to make the point that it doesn't take much more time to write out the actual words than your shortened versions that (for me at least) distracts from your question and makes me less prone to help.