Can you do 3D piping with autocad

chelsea1307

One of my co workers said they found somewhere that you cannot use AutocadMEP for 3D piping only 3D HVAC, this makes no sense and she is trying to find where she found that, but im hoping to hear from someone here with experience if this is correct or if someone put something online that has is not true (not like that would ever happen :wink:)

One of my co workers said they found somewhere that you cannot use AutocadMEP for 3D piping only 3D HVAC, this makes no sense and she is trying to find where she found that, but im hoping to hear from someone here with experience if this is correct or if someone put something online that has is not true (not like that would ever happen :wink:)

You can use it for 3D piping for sure. Works the same for piping as for ducts. Nothing to worry about :)

So now I've gotten more information, they agree you can do piping, but are saying they cannot do plumbing??? like domestic hw/cw sewer that kind of stuff, can anyone confirm or disprove this??? I wish I had the program to play with but I dont so I can only go off of what they are saying

...they agree you can do piping, but are saying they cannot do plumbing???

I wouldn't agree to this either. I consider piping and plumbing to be pretty much the same thing and never really got why they split them into separate workspaces. I mean come on, a pipe is a pipe.

But even so, you do get both. I'm not the one in my company that purchase the stuff, but still I believe you get all five workspaces out of the box (HVAC, piping, plumbing, electrical, schematic) ready to go.

• 1 month later...