How do you move a plane?

steamwise

I hope this should be a fairly straight forward question, so here goes...

I have drawn in Solidworks 2004 a 4ft length of pipe around 8" in Diameter. I want to seal the bore off, with a round plate about and inch before the end of the pipe. I am having difficulty in generating a plane or surface with which to draw on, other than at the end where there is a 'naturally' occuring one.

I am very much a novice so any help would gratefully be received

Mike

Mike, i have never used SW04 before but you should be able to create a plane as opposed to moving one. Im sorry i cant give you an exact answer because im not sure what the layout of the software was like in 04. I would guess there is a plane option on the Insert Menu. What you will do is select a plane or the end of your pipe and enter your 1" offset.

Wouldn't you first have to display the plane's handles? Then it would be a matter of dragging the plane by its edge to the new location. I think the handles can be displayed by clicking on the edge of the plane or click on the plane's name in the Feature Manager design tree.