Map 3D as plain AutoCad?

Slaraffenmann

It is possible to run AutoCad Civil 3D as plain AutoCad, to reduce the use of memory.

Is it possible to do the same thing with Map 3D? (2011)

My computer seems to have some memory-issues, and i really don't need the Map-options.

I would think that it is entirely possible to do so but I can't tell you how to do it. Sorry.

Memory issues? What kinds of issues?

I see you are running Win7. Is it 64-bit? Is your Civil and Map software 64-bit? How much RAM is installed on your motherboard?

32bits win7

32bits autocad map 3D 2001

4gb Ram. (3gb switch enabled)

I have much problems with Fatal errors, and "Autocad is running out of memory..."

If i use MAP 2010 or Civil 3D 2010 it all works well..

You can try tweaking your virtual memory settings.

I don't understand why AutoCAD would run out of memory but not the other two programs.

In Start Menu > All Programs > Autodesk > Civil 3D 2010, do you have an option for "Civil 3D as Autocad"?

Source: AUGI forums as posted by Sinc.

Yes i have..

But there is no such thing in:

Start Menu > All Programs > Autodesk > MAP 3D 2011

:-(

By the way... I'm not the only one at my office with these problems. Everyone with Map 2011 seems to have the same kind of problem.

I think I know where you are coming from on this - it seems like every release gets more memory-demanding than the last. I also run C3D on a 32bit system and I am constantly maxed. :ouch:

Time to move to 64bit (we just started moving that way - we have 1 new mobile workstation ordered and will likely replace all our cad machines that way...8)).

All I can suggest is, as ReMark has said, max out your vurtual memory and try to run CAD alone (no other programs running at the same time). Also, you can try tweaking some variables to minimize demand.

I have attached a list of suggestions provided to me by Autodesk when I had similar issues. I hope they help.

Civil 3D Best Practices for Enhanced Memory Performance.pdf

The 64 bits version of windows and Autocad is available for me, but some of my other applications are not ready for 64bits yet.

So I will just have to wait..

Thanks for the pdf..