3D model plot with very low quality

zionshea

Hello,

I have several Viewports (VPs) which I plot: one VP is 2D and two others 3Ds. The 2D has a good quality (in the pdf file) but the two 3Ds are with a very low quality and even all vertical parts of the railing are not dsiplayed at all.

as said several times before: all was good in previous drawings...

Thanks for your help, zionshea.

If you are plotting directly from ACAD to pdf there can be print quality issues in some products. I have had similar issues with a 2009 product. I cured them by plotting my drawings to pdf with Autodesk TrueView free download. Not only did this clear up the quality, it generates less than 50% of the file size to the pdf that acad does. It doesn't load up the pdf's with all the overhead data that the original drawing carries, just the pretty stuff is all that's left.

Hi Dana and thanks for your response.

I downloaded and used the Autodesk TrueView, the plot looks better but still the 3D quality is low.

Actually I noticed that in certain cases the 3D plot is very good but in certain cases the 3D plot quality is very low (may be the template is the reason?).

Attached are two (almost same) DWG files; one gives good 3D plot and the other low 3D plot qualitiy. Actually while I prepared the two files I noticed that the one that gives bad quality plots, generates much bigger pdf file size (compare to the dwg that creates good quality plot).

I also noticed that the "good" one has small number of option for "Display Configuration" and also the "bad" requires much longer time to generate the pdf file.

Thanks for any answer.

Bad 3D Plot.dwg

Good 3D Plot.dwg

Hi Dana and thanks for your response.

I downloaded and used the Autodesk TrueView, the plot looks better but still the 3D quality is low.

Actually I noticed that in certain cases the 3D plot is very good but in certain cases the 3D plot quality is very low (may be the template is the reason?).

Attached are two (almost same) DWG files; one gives good 3D plot and the other low 3D plot qualitiy. Actually while I prepared the two files I noticed that the one that gives bad quality plots, generates much bigger pdf file size (compare to the dwg that creates good quality plot).

I also noticed that the "good" one has small number of option for "Display Configuration" and also the "bad" requires much longer time to generate the pdf file.

Thanks for any answer.

Not having a 3D program, I cannot view the drawings. Beyond the pdf quality issues I addressed, I would not be able to make any suggestions concerning your 3D drawings. Hopefully someone will take a look and help you figure it out.