tool palette

mattd@acdsecurity.com

I have recently upgraded to autocad 2011. Why can't I drag a block onto my drawing from any of the default Autocad tool palettes I.e. Architecture. I try to drag blocks from any of the default palettes and it won't let me.

What am I missing?

Help please!

It may be possible that during the installation, the tool palette (and associated thumbnails) were installed properly, but the linked blocks were not. The blocks could have been moved to another directory as well (IT sometimes likes things *their* way)... if this is the case, you cannot insert the blocks because it (AutoCAD) doesn't know where to find them. If you can find the blocks you want via Windows Explorer, then ensure that directory is included in your support paths, and try your insert again.

Hope this helps!

If you right click on the block in the tool palette it should show where the block is located. Find that location and ensure the block is there or when you find the block change the location in the right click menu of the tool on the palette. Don't forget you can right click the first one and shift click the last to select all of them on the palette. Hope this helps.