Default Printer deleted

JGajentan

I just upgraded to LT 2011 and my IT guy here deleted my default printer pc3. I don't want to have to select what printer I want to use for printing each and every time I print...

How do I add that back in the printer list?

Did he just change a setting (selected a different printer as the default) or did he delete the printer entirely?

Windows > Start > Printer and Faxes. Right-click on the printer and chose Set as default printer.

He deleted it... Why? I have no clue..

Then you will have to go to Printer and Faxes and reinstall the printer. During the procedure you will have the opportunity to set it as your default printer.

Then you will have to go to Printer and Faxes and reinstall the printer. During the procedure you will have the opportunity to set it as your default printer.

Are you sure? If its the PC3 that is deleted - isn't that something that you create from withing AutoCAD? I tend to shy away from PC3's so don't no much about 'em...

Yeah Tiger, the .pc3 is from within AutoCAD. Hit Ctrl+P in AutoCAD to bring up your print menu and you'll see "Default Windows Printer." ...I won't... It's a .pc3 file that was removed that I can't figure out how to add back in.

I make .pc3's when I calibrate my printer to ensure size accuracy (I use printouts to ensure accuracy of our CNC's). Nothing to be too scared of there. In a nutshell - you can make copies of your existing printers with different plot settings and rename them as you choose.

...rkent.. dude... I didn't even see "system printer" the first time I looked at it. ::sigh:: I hope the eyes/brain communicate a little better for the rest of the week.

Thanks fellas! :D