Bottle Model

zeekay

I draw the bottle plans and elevation which i already attached.

My Questions :

1- How can i model its 3d?

2- How can i Calculate its volumne in mililiters

Plans1.jpg

Plans2.jpg

Elevation.jpg

I donw want from you to Model in detail like imeages I just want to know How can i Calculate its Volume in mililiters

Bottle plan.dwg

Edited by zeekay

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zeekay

• ReMark

• JD Mather

• dtaylor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure how exact you want the bottle to be, for example the 5 bumps on the base. But quick and easy either draw the outline of half the bottle and convert that to a closed polyline and revolve 360 degrees or use circles at specified heights and diameters as cross sections to loft them. Both methods will produce a solid that you can then just use the massprop command on

Please go back and review your bottle plan drawing. I believe you have duplicates of many of the lines overlaying each other and at least one instance of an arc that was not trimmed properly. Until you clean it up you will not be able to continue on.

I created my version of the bottle using the SWEEP command based upon the OP's geometry after correcting for the errors I mentioned previously.

3D_Bottle_Solid.jpg

ya, i just turned that lemon shape into a closed polyline, then just scaled it down to what i needed at various points along the bottle. once i got to the top of the neck i just placed circles. then just lofted everything in the correct order. i just did everything roughly so its not perfectly exact buts its a close approximation and can lead zeekay in a direction if he wants more precise results

My bottle came out a little different than yours (I can't imagine modeling something like this in AutoCAD), but what I would do in Autodesk Inventor is Derive Component as composite surface, create a workplane at fluid level and then Sculpt. Iproperties would return the volume of liquid.

Bottle.jpg

before posting inventor instructions you could at least try attempting it in autocad. I'd assume he would post in the inventor folder if he was looking for ways to make it in Inventor.

And i'm not trying to be mean or anything. Just pointing out that it probably doesnt make people feel very good when you come off as trying to make people look ridiculous for even thinking of drawing a shape in autocad since its such an inferior program to the one you are a certified expert in. Autocad is common and its common for a person to only have autocad.

Sorry, I'm not up for torture today.

Students can download Autodesk Inventor for free from http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

All you're doing is padding your post count then by not answering his question. If you wanted to show proof of design or what not in Inventor then start a post in the inventor folder and link here.

Also, you can't assume everyone is a student, although its probably a good chance he is. But then it would required him to learn a totally new program to get a result instead of a simple process in a program he already knows. What id recommend is answer he question using an autocad method and suggest that he investigate solution in inventor if you believe it will be easier

At one time it was drawing board vs AutoCAD. At some point you have to adopt the next-generation tools. If this is a student project might be a could time to consider that investment in time. If this is a real project could probably make up the $1300 on this project alone. Certainly if the business is bottles could make up the difference in short order.

In any case, might be best to leave the argument for the OP to let us know what information is required.

@ReMark: is your bottle cylindrical or lemon?

It is cylindrical. Like I said I used the OP's bottle plan drawing. I did not significantly change any geometry.

Duh! Now I see what you were referring to. I completely blew by the bottom view of the bottle the OP first posted. It does appear to be out of round for some reason. I wonder if that is intentional?

Answering OP questions- 1. Yes it can be modeled in 3D 2. Roughly 700mL

If using Autocad, i more exact method would be to use create a surface and then thicken it by the distance of the thickness of the plastic. then id just encase the bottle in a block and subtract the plastic solid from it and get the volume of what was left over(you would also delete whatever part of the block was outside the bottle) If you wanted to get more exact for say the flower objects on the bottom, then maybe model one "leaf" and array it, then merge it into the solid. you wuold also have to subtract maybe a dome shape also, i dont know.

Also, im not disagreeing with you JD. the guys asked for help, and the logical response would be to help him out with what he is using at this point in time. there are plenty of cases where a person had a deadline yesterday or homework due this afternoon and they can't go out and purchase new software and learn it fast enough. There is no problem with suggesting that whoever look into including a new, easier, more efficient, advanced, program in next year's budget or to download a student version when you're not busy. By giving them an answer thats for the latest and greatest and leaving it at that will probably get them nowhere and then you just come off pompous.

@remark i was just asking because the bottle isnt a perfect cylinder. Its kinda squished.

ya, i was just roughing it out to give you a possible direction to go in. Figured I'd let you do the detailed work. also the base should be cylindrical.