Model scale / VP scale issue / Co-ordinates issue

Richard Radford

Hi

I have inserted a block into my model which is a base map in DWG format, I imported at X,Y,Z scale 1 and the Block is fine, the block inserts at the right co-ordinates which is great.

I prefer to work in mm and the drawing is now in Metres also when i create a viewport on the paper space layout the VP scales are out by 1000.

I tried scaling the Model up by 1000 which fixed the issue with mm / m and the scaleing with the VP on paper space, but the base map is now in the wrong place co-ordinates wise?

I am from a GIS background and work mostly in ESRI Arcview using shapefiles, and i need the drawing in auto cad to be at the correct Co-ordinates.

I tried simply moving the drawing to the right place but its now obviously 1000 times to big.

Any help would be much apreciated

Regards

Richard

IF you bring in a map in meters and scale it up with 1000, and still have the insertionpoint as 0,0,0 the coordinates will be right - but in millimeters. If you bring the map in first and scale it up, you need to have 0,0,0 as your basepoint, then the coordinates will be right - but again, in millimeters.

Thanks for the fast response

That all makes sence thanks, the co-ordinates now display like this 3.3074E+07,4.0992E+07 is this correct?

Sorry if i am asking the obvious i af very limited in auto cad knowledge.

Richard

If the coordinates are correct or not, I can't say. But if I read the coordinates correct, they are 33 074 000; 40 992 00 in millimeters, so 33 074;40 992 in meters.

This is not very obvious at all so don't worry :)

Sorted thanks for your help

I had somehow convinced myslf that the Co-Ordinates should still be in Meters:lol: