Make pipe appear as solid rather than single line in plan?

spittle

I'm new to MEP. I've fudged together some 500 dia pipe, and placed it onto my 3D model, modelled using traditional AutoCAD commands.

My model is within an XREF, I've brought this into a new drawing to simply show in plan, on top of my 2D site plan. Pipes are showing as single lines with crosses on them. Can I make these show as solids like the rest of my model?

My pipes are also not showing up on a cross section that I've drawn.

I suspect it's because you're in the "Plumbing" workspace. They are always 2D. Try switching to "Piping" and draw the pipe using the appropriate style / routing preference. If you then try and generate a section I think you'll be successful :)

I've managed to get pipework to show on sections, however every time I hit TOP on viewcube my pipework turns into a single line.

How do I get it to show the outer walls of the pipe when looking at top view. I'm using this view for the plan on my drawing.

This software is really doing my head in.

Take a look at the following link and select your version and open the user guide. For the 2011 version turn to page 377 and see if there is something there that's causing you trouble. If you have a different version it's probably a different page but you'll find it :)

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=10915060

• 3 weeks later...