RTEXT Plotting Issue

mikman

Hi all,

I am currently operating in Autocad 2004 and LDD 2004. We use RTEXT in lieu of the plot stamp to display the drawing name, file path, date, etc. When I plot from plain CAD it plots just fine, but when I plot from LDD all I get is a box with an "X" through it. I assume its a file setting that is turned off or a support file that is not loaded, but am unable to determine what it is to enable plotting of the RTEXT. Other machines in our office have had this same issue and we are still stumped on them too.

Any thoughts?

This from the Help files of Express Tools

Note:

If a drawing with an RText object is opened on a computer that does not have RTEXT installed, the proxy object that results displays the bounding box of the RText object. If you plan to send your drawing to someone who does not have RTEXT, you can explode the RText objects to MText objects with the EXPLODE command.

Perhaps you should load Express Tools into LDD

The express tools are loaded and I use them regularly in LDD, is what is the most confusing. I just had LDD reinstalled about two weeks ago and had the express tools reinstalled then. Is there an update to Express tools that should be downloaded?

OK, just trying to explore different avenues - Have you tried to use Rtext in LDD?

I know you can use other Express Tools in LDD, but sometimes strange things happen :cry:

OK, just trying to explore different avenues - Have you tried to use Rtext in LDD?

I know you can use other Express Tools in LDD, but sometimes strange things happen
:cry:

So I went back to LDD and tried from the start to create a new RTEXT and now it all works.
:D
I don't know what happened but thanks!