+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Newbie
    Using
    not specified

Default Little help needed with visible/invisible lines

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Hi,
    I have a small problem with drawing in autocad 3D objects. I'm using AutoCAD 2004 and when I draw eg. a cylinder i get some extra lines (in the center of the cylinder) in front view, which I can't get rid off. And when i use command 'hide' in 'view' menu (i suppose they are called so in EN version, cause I got polish) i get lots of extra lines... I'd like to have no lines there, to my mind a cylinder seen from the front is just a rectangle... It's not a problem when i draw only one cylinder, but when I make more complicated projects and print them (I need them for my project classess) i get really confused which lines are actually visible and which are not.
    I would appreciate any help
    Jay

Using
    AutoCAD 2007

read up on the DISPSILH variable
    ResourceCAD.... the Resource for your CAD Solutions

Forum Newbie
    Using
    not specified

ok, i looked trough AutoCAD's help and all it said was that DISPSILH can be either 1 or 0 and that it has something to do with visible/invisible lines. I checked I still have the same problem no matter whether it's 0 or 1. To visualise what is my problem i post two pictures, one is how my cylinder looks when i have normal model, and how it looks when i use 'hide'

and the other is when i make a more complicated model (marked lines shouldn't be there...)

I know it's probably a very simple thing but i just started to learn AutoCAD...

Using
    AutoCAD 2007

I've edited your post so the images show.
    the first image ~ the second cylinder is showing lines which will be removed if you change the DISPSILH variable
    I don't know how you've made the second model so it coul dbe extra objects in there somewhere
    ResourceCAD.... the Resource for your CAD Solutions

Forum Newbie
    Using
    not specified

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Ok, I'll made it once again and it works just as you said. I don't know why it didn't worked last time. Thanks a lot anyway!