viewports wont print to correct scale

abell8418

My viewports wont print to the correct scale. I measure it out in paper space, and all the linework measure perfect, however, when i plot it off, its off by maybe 5 or 10 percent. This hasnt happened in other drawings. I've checked plans for other jobs. Also, i have run audit, but to no avail. I just tried copying some stuff into another drawing, but it still plots funny. i've tried to plot a portion on our smaller printer, but it still prints off. only this time, the other way, its 5 to 10% too big. has anybody ever had this problem????

Thank you

so i checked more into it, and it looks like the vertical scale of the drawings is ok, but the horizontal scale is off literally 3 or 4 percent. not a whole lot i know, but still, what could cause this? can inkjet plotters be off by this much? its on a d size sheet.

Edited by abell8418

Nope

I've never had this trouble before. I've audited the file, that did nothing. Could the inkjet plotter be off? I have no idea what it could be.

Are you plotting to "ARCH D" or "ANSI D"? Is your paper space setup accordingly. Are your plot settings correct not to stretch?

ARCH D is 24x36

ANSI D is 22x34

Arch D. Yeah the paper space is correct. The plot settings are to layout, which is correct. I even tried copying it into model space and plotting it off the "old fashioned way", by using the window command and not selecting 'fit to page', however it drawing is off by the same amount horizontally. Since its just this project it has trouble with, I made each sheet in model space a block, and stretched it by 1.04 on the x axis, and then it prints ok. I know its not ideal, but the scale is just right. So for this project it works. Its just weird. I've never come across anything like this before. I'm aware of the common problems people have with autocad plotting, and this isnt it.

Thank you all for your help.